Saturday, October 27, 2007

Design is...

What's the purpose of all these pictures? Why is art relevant? Why do I design?

I try and answer this for myself on a daily basis, whilst scribbling in my books and tooling around on the computer. I love drawing, and design gives the drawings I make structure. If anything, design is a powerful language that communicates worldwide.

I get stoked when I see that someone as far away as Moscow stumbled upon my website. It could be a bot for all I know, but who cares. I put my heart and soul into my work, and the work means nothing until it's viewed by an outside source. I hope to be drawing and creating graphics for the rest of my life. If there's anything I want to reveal with my work, it's that every day is an adventure. It may sound cheezy, but honestly, boredom is a killer. Try to see things in a new way each day.

Today my adventure involves making a mask for halloween. I've got some cardboard boxes, tape and acrylic paint. I'll be documenting my process like usual, so expect to see it up here soon. Hope everyone has an awesome Halloween, get in touch with your macabre side right?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.