Friday, June 27, 2008

Take me galaxy...



When I finish up a big project, I like to take some time to do a sketchbook piece for my own pleasure. The title of this post is taken from the song "Midnight Surprise" by Lightspeed Champion, I definitely suggest looking him up. I like the way the phrase sounds. I started this piece by simply drawing in a stream of consciousness. I find this method of drawing to be very therapeutic. I'm not worried about concept or form, I just go with whatever pops into my mind. It's a way to sort through the random clutter of thoughts that swirl through my head at any given moment. I often feel overwhelmed with everything that I'm thinking, this is a way to clarify things.

I'm trying my best to keep this blog updated on a regular basis. I have this urge to constantly get my work out there.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.