Monday, September 29, 2008

Making Progress...

The process of designing my new portfolio site has been interesting. The design has been floating around in my head for quite some time, I've simply been waiting for the right time to get it onto paper and then onto the web. The key to web design is considering the function of the site over it's outward appearance. The aesthetic "window dressing" of a website is the easiest part. The hardest part is to get the end user to see what you want them to see. A good website should guide the user around to it's various pages, but also give license for exploration.

The main function of a portfolio site is to showcase the work. I'm trying to keep this principle at the forefront of my design process. I want the site to be subtle, elegant and easy to use, really giving the work room to shine. All in all I want a site that will last at least two years.

On another note, I've jumped on the Twitter bandwagon. Feel free to follow me, I love company.
twitter.com/micronhero

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.