Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Designing the new economy...

These past few days have been a time of uncertainty for everybody. Some people may be following current events closer than others, but everyone can sense the feeling hanging in the air. Without getting too political here, it's certain that things are going to change in a big way. The American Dream of the past 60 years is toppling in on itself, so I say it's time to design the new American Dream. This dream may be scaled back from the sprawling suburbs conceived of last century. We may not own four cars, but maybe we can count on one good working automobile. Life may involve walking to the store and biking to work. The new American Dream probably won't involve living in a 6-bedroom, 5-bath house. Things are going to get scaled back, expectations are going to have to be curbed. Things are changing, and there is lots of design to go along with the change. I myself am excited, bring on the 21st century American Dream.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.