Thursday, May 8, 2008

It has been a busy few weeks...

I had a spot of bad luck this afternoon. While running errands out in Beaverton I accidentally left my precious notebook on the roof of the care. I absentmindedly pulled out into Canyon Road to head back into Portland. I didn't realize what had happened until I reached the bank on 23rd and Burnside back in town. I frantically raced back to where I had started. I called Westside Detail, where I was meeting with the owner, Ryan. He graciously retrieved the remains of the book from the street. I can't thank him enough, my notebook is everything. At least it's all here. Once I got back in town for the 2nd time, I bought a new book, can't be without a notebook for more than a minute.

Spring Focus week is over and I have premiered my video project: The Un-Stoppable Binary Bros. I'm developing a website to showcase the video, but if you'd like to see the rough cut leave a comment and I will email you the link.
The image above is an illustration I completed yesterday for the upcoming graduation barbecue for the Communication Design dept. The conceptual direction for the piece is simply barbecue. Hopefully this comes across in the illustration. I can't wait to be graduated.

I was commissioned by PNCA to design a poster for the upcoming evening with the English folk singer and activist Billy Bragg. My goal was to portray Mr. Bragg as a folk troubador and working class hero. I have been listening to his music a great deal while working on this piece. I'm a big fan of his music and message and I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.