Saturday, November 10, 2007

Micron Hero November Report...

November is underway and there's no end to the work to be done. PNCA Fall Focus is at the beginning of December. Being a senior, I have to present my proposal for my thesis project. The presentations are open to the public, so anyone reading this is invited to come and see me sweat through my proposal. I'm planning on creating a motion graphics piece, a modern day fable. The piece will draw from my variety of interests: design, typography, storytelling, illustration and comics. I'll to create memorable character designs to tell a story relevant to todays constantly changing technological environment.

Aside from thesis work I've got my liquor branding project for my Design Studio III class. The goal is to create a standalone luxury brand, to compete with existing top-shelf liquors. I'll post my logo and type treatments once they're finalized, which needs to be very soon.

On top of schoolwork, I'm collaborating with my dad on an illustration he's doing for National Geographic Adventure magazine. I'm doing the digital production work: setting up the file, layering the artwork and digitally colorizing it. I can't wait to see the piece in print, National Geo. will be a good resume piece for sure.

On a closing note, I've been making some characters as a way to gear up for my thesis project. This guy is a little something I've been working on:

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.