Thursday, November 1, 2007

5vs.5 B-Boy Battle and Jim Greco

This here is a poster I finished yesterday for my newest client: Amplified Techniques. They're a Portland B-Boy Crew with crazy skill. Every November they host a battle at Reed College. They tapped the Micron Hero for this year's event poster. I'll definitely be there next Saturday, show up if you're looking for some excitement. Word.


Ever since I've been riding around on my skateboard, I've been a huge fan of Jim Greco. He's undoubtably one of the major icons in the skate universe. His parts in Zero's Misled Youth, Baker2G and Baker 3 are benchmarks of gnar. As a tribute I thought I'd give Mr. Greco the vector treatment. I've finished the main figure, but I'm gonna go back in and work on the background a bit more. Also I've got to give credit to Slap Mag contributing photographer Yoon Sul for the original photograph that I worked off of. Peace.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.