Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Improved weapons...

A quick trip through my sketch archives turned up this gem. It looks to be from when I was in 8th grade, and drawing guns was all the rage. Is it a universally accepted truth that by taping multiple things together, the end result is exponentially more effective than each piece on it's own? This contraption looks exceptionally dangerous to my 23 year old eyes. I selected this drawing because it's exactly what Andrew Jeffrey Wright is doing with his Improved Weapons series. Of course when I drew this back in 8th grade, I just thought it was badass, like some secret weapon from Duke Nukem. Now it's just absurd, but that's the beauty of it right? Oh absurdity, how I long for thee.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.