Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm thankful for drawing...



As I was waiting for dinner this afternoon I pulled out my sketchbook and found a nearby pen to do some free-form drawing. I've been listening to a bit of Blue Note jazz lately. I'm attracted to the improvisational nature of jazz and try to carry that forward in my work. This drawing was constructed by drawing a shape, then feeding the next one off of the previous. The pen led itself, improvising off the curves and junctures of the shape next to it. I've said it before, but drawing is very similar to composing music.

That being said, this thanksgiving I am definitely thankful for the spare moments that I can steal for some personal drawing time.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.