Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back in the stu-stu-studio...



I'm back from what I would call a very successful camping trip. We ventured out towards Mt. Hood, with a certain camp spot in mind and ended up getting it. Situated right next to the Salmon River we set up our tents and camp stove. Mostly it involved a lot of campfire, s'mores, whittling and eating. I sat up on a rock for an hour or so and got some drawing time in. It was great to have a break from the rigid right angle geometry of the city. The organic, rounded forms of nature provide so much inspiration for a city kid like myself. Things in the forest take on such unexpected forms, dictated by the forces of nature. It was a great chance to recharge my creative battery and kick off a great summer. Many many pictures to come, soon enough.

Now I am back in the studio, surrounded by my digital tools. I have a fresh set of illustrations to tackle, along with some designs to finalize. The sounds of Ratatat's LP3 bubble from the speakers and I'm officially back in action. It feels good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.