Thursday, August 30, 2007

City Planning

Here are some digitally colored concept sketches I did for the mural project I did last winter. These represent my earliest forays into Photoshop coloring. The final piece ended up being done with paint pen and acrylic color. I think these initial planning sketches hold some value on their own. I love drawing cityscapes. Perhaps this is because I've always appreciated the aesthetic quality of long-term human development. I could write an entire thesis on cityscapes, there are so many great cities out there. This isn't to say I have no appreciation for nature. Cities have been a feature on this globe for so long they've almost become a part of nature. What is nature at this point?


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.