Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The creative conundrum...



I think this clip will strike a chord with anyone trying to make a solid go of it as a creative professional. NPR's Ira Glass lays out the primary struggle that we all face in our creative development; the stage at which our skillset doesn't live up to our taste. I find myself there right now, I've been there for a while actually. It's the struggle of waking up every morning, knowing that you have to create, but not really feeling up to the task. My sketchbook is my roadmap, itinerary, idea repository, personal assistant and friend. I will say that the creative life isn't as easy and glamorous as it may seem from the outside. Regardless of the creative blocks, developmental struggles, deadlines, bad clients, good clients, meltdowns and moments of sheer panic, I would much rather be doing this than anything else.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.