Thursday, March 6, 2008

Back By Popular Demand...

I've had a few people ask why I haven't updated in over a month. The short answer is school. Thesis term has been draining my will to do anything that isn't totally required.

Today I had the blessing of several hours free of any commitment, without a deadline looming in the immediate horizon. Down at the coffee shop I finished up a sketch I had started yesterday, just a bit of nonsense drawing in my book.
While drawing, I imagined the piece as vector art. I do this thing sometimes, where I have Adobe Illustrator running in the back of my mind while I'm drawing. Sometimes I like to keep the shapes simple, with minimal crosshatching, so I can pull it into the computer later and blow it out with a good color palette. After finishing my coffee I walked home and scanned my book. I took a while to trace the thing, but I can say that I'm pleased with the results. I really love vector art, it has a different feel than hand done stuff, more precise and anonymous, which can be good sometimes. Take a look and let me know what you think. T-shirt perhaps?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a sketchbook addict. I live for the moment that the ink sits wet on the paper.